Don’t stress! Mother’s Day is just around the corner, but you still have plenty of time to make the most of it for Mom, and make it easy on yourself! Relaxation is the name of the game. Here are five great gift ideas and special presentation techniques to make last-minute gifts look like you’ve been planning them for months:
- Instead of stressing over whether the verse in that $7.98 greeting card says it all – yes, I said $7.98 — give mom a gift that actually does. Bring out her inner beauty with a gift certificate for a facial that will relax her and soothe her skin. Facials not only revive by exfoliating dry skin cells, they also rejuvenate circulation and make skin more supple and smooth. Wrap the certificate in a luxurious hand towel and wash cloth tied with a colorful ribbon.
- If a facial’s not in the cards, try an at-home masque from Aveda to tone and firm. If you know Mom’s skin type, you can select a specialized treatment. If not, a generalized one will also do the trick. The Deep Cleansing Herbal Clay Masque is for all skin types, moisturizing, clarifying and toning. The Outer Peace Cooling Masque calms skin with natural botanical ingredients. The Enbrightenment Brightening Massage Intensive Masque diminishes the appearance of discoloration and dark spots. All of these are under $40 and will give Mom several weeks of her very own facials. To present this present, place the tube of product in a personalized coffee or tea mug that has pictures of her kid cuties on it – photo mugs are available through Shutterfly.
- Make Mother’s Day more than a one-day celebration. Treat Mom to a year of beauty that includes a monthly facial or massage to keep her relaxed the rest of the year.
- Let Mom say, “Ahhhh” with a Swedish massage. Her tensions will melt away with the 60-minute relaxation treatment that focuses on problem areas and leaves an overall sense of well-being. Coupled with a tray of votive candles, rich moisturizing lotion and Mom’s favorite relaxing music, this one’s sure to be a winner.
- Nothing’s more fun than a hair and make-up goody bag! Fill a shopping bag, basket or planter with Mom’s favorite hair care and make-up essentials.